Union City is putting together a 14U All Star team to represent the area in the 2016 GRPA 14U State Baseball Tournament from July 12-16th in Augusta, GA. We are selecting a group of qualified student-athletes to be stewards for both STEPPS and the Union City community as a whole. The All Star season provides a “post season” experience at a higher level of competition not just for advanced skills, but sportsmanship, character, and a well-rounded ability to play the game of baseball.
All Star Player Selection
- Player must be age eligible for the 14U division based on GRPA control dates (age 14, or under, prior to May 1st).
- The team will consist of
- 12 Active Roster Players
- 2 Alternate Roster Player
- Phase 1 – Tryout Invitations and Practices
- Tryout invitations have been extended to players from multiple leagues, and teams, in Union City and the surrounding areas.
- Players will have multiple opportunities for evaluation over the next 4 weeks.
- Each player must attend a minimum of two (2) tryout sessions for team consideration.
- Phase 2 – Expectations and commitments.
- A list of “known and expected” tournaments will be provided to the parents and student athletes prior to the first tryout.
- If an invited participant cannot commit to the tournament schedule, the individual will be asked to decline participation in the tryout.
- We will provide as much information tournaments, travel coordination, and admissions as is available at the time of the tryout.
- Phase 3 – Full evaluation
- Student athletes will be evaluated in several baseball skills along with their peers.
- Infield, outfield, pitching, hitting, and base running will all be considered in the scoring with a weighting on defensive skills over offense.
- Each participating coach will provide the scores and evaluation for invitees to be considered for the final team.
- The coach will perform a final review of the participants post the final roster by Friday, July 01, 2016.
Below is the tryout schedule: